We hope to start your Monday off right with these stories that we have prepared for you!
1. U.S. Women’s National Team To Play At Talen Energy Stadium #SheBelievesCup (Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer)
Before the US Women’s National Team heads to France to play in the World Cup, they will play in the SheBelieves Cup in Philadelphia.
“On February 27, Talen Energy Stadium will host a double-header: Brazil will take on England in the opening match followed by the United States and Japan in the night cap.”
Exciting matches that will act as previews for the World Cup to be. This will truly set the stage for the ensuing matches that will come after this cup.
“Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer families will have access to an exclusive pre-sale before the tickets go on sale to the general public on December 13.”
We are truly excited to see this matchup and hope it acts as a great warm up for the Women’s National Team before the World Cup.
What are your expectations for the SheBelieves Cup?
2. How to Train With No Equipment (7mlc)
The following video shows a training session utilizing just a ball. No excuses for not practicing!
How do you like to practice and what drills do you run without equipment?
3. 10 Healthy Soccer Snacks (SignUpGenius)
A lot of the snacks that the young players receive are not very healthy. There are many options that kids will enjoy eating.
“Soccer snacks need to be easy, quick and handy, but convenience doesn’t mean you can’t sneak some better-for-you options into your soccer season.”
From bananas and oranges to quick sandwiches, we will provide some of our favorite snacks from this article below.
“Think of a soccer snack as a mini-meal that helps provide nutrients and the energy children need to learn, focus and play well.”
- Mini sandwiches made out of peanut butter, lunch meat, or cheese, squeezed between some whole grain crackers.
- Bagels with strawberry cream cheese or peanut butter, this can provide a nice boost!
- Applesauce and whole grain fig Newtons.
- Frozen yogurt tubes, a nice grab-and-go snack
- Banana muffins
Make sure you check out the main article for the full list!
What is your favorite healthy snack for soccer?